Industrial Development services Pvt. Ltd. (IDS) has embarked on a journey to cultivate awareness among different stake holders about major issues pertaining to protection of the environment by organizing the Annual 2-days seminar dealing with process safety and Environmental issues related to the petroleum industry – Petroleum Refinery, Petrochemicals and Oil and Gas industry . This is the 4th edition of Enviro seminar.
The key policy issues and commitments to national and international stipulations on emission control particularly with respect to CO2, NOx, SOx, and particulates control will be deliberated.
Industrial Development services private Ltd have embarked on a journey to cultivate awareness among different stake holders about major issues pertaining to protection of the environment through the organization of an annual conference dealing with :
- Key policy issues and commitments to national / International stipulations on emission control particularly with respect to CO2, NOx, SOx and particulates control
- Waste water treatment encompassing produced water, aqueous effluent and recycle of treated effluent
- Safe disposal of solid waste
- Technology options available/ being developed to address increasingly stringent demands for environmental compliance.
The Hydrocarbon processing industry in India has been very conscious of complying with increasingly stringent health, safety and environmental regulations but there is a need to strive to go beyond compliance by drawing a roadmap that encompasses the following:
- Adoption of best practices in plant design and operation to ensure not just improved efficiency, but also integrity of assets to guard against equipment and piping failures that can lead to hazardous situations, besides releasing liquid/gaseous hydrocarbons.
- Giving health, safety and environment related issues the eminence that they merit in the scenario arising out of COP 21.
- Safe handling, treatment & disposal of solid waste.
Effluents & Emissions Management
Management and control of industrial emissions and effluents is becoming increasingly important because of greater awareness of the hazards and industry’s commitment to public health and social welfare. IDS is organizing a seminar on “effluents and emissions management issues & challenges for the Hydrocarbon industry”.
The seminar focuses on:
- Environment Management in petroleum industry.
- Integrating technology to provide appropriate solution.
- Re-inventing petroleum processes to minimize the pollutants at source.
- Effective monitoring for better management of fugitive emissions, waste water and solid waste.